Saturday, December 24, 2011

21 :: The Worshipper





My 3d design teacher once told us that religious connotation in our art would not yield any deep meaning.   But perhaps she is confused ... perhaps her observation is evidence of varied meanings, confusion which occurs because of varying interpretations on scriptures and doctrine. But Jesus Christ is one of those rare figures at least acknowledged by most of the world. And among Christian people, one of the things we have most common is our feelings about the Savior ... some feel more deeply than others, but the feelings are the same.

I would love to do a story that could somehow portray my deep feelings of joy and gratitude that have come from my interactions with the Savior of the world. Today the world celebrates his birth, although distractions cause us to forget that. Even the Worshipper is told over and over in the scriptures to remember, remember. That would be one of my character's big weaknesses.

This story would be about the worshipper, about his life. What if we could see every answered prayer? every healed wound? Every prompting given to the heart. We would be overwhelmed by the magnificience. The story would end around Christmas - at the end of his life - as he remembers.

Of course this story is autobiographic in many senses. On this day, I think about that tiny baby Jesus and what he came to mean to the world. His birth was a miracle and so was every day of his life. The greatest of the miracles happened in the garden of Gethsemane where he suffered all our sins and pains to the point of bleeding from every pore. Because of his sacrifice, he has healed me, led me to participate in his miracles, taught me, purified me, carried me when I cannot walk. It has pained me to think that during my everyday business, I am slow to remember the Savior. I sometimes forget to pray always and I make mistakes, but he is full of grace and forgiveness. This grace transforms me and will someday save me. After all I can do, I can never pay him back, nor earn the reward nor pay him back. In the end, I want his grace and love to remain my source of true happiness.

I would feel ungrateful for address any other character today, so Happy Birthday, baby Jesus. We love you and hope to remain true till the end of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment